Lahti Region Ltd’s Privacy Statement
Lahti Region Ltd
FI-15110 Lahti, Finland
Contact information in matters related to the register
Lahti Region Ltd
CEO Raija Forsman
FI-15110 Lahti, Finland
Tel. +358 40 516 2803
raija.forsman (at) lahtiregion.fi
Lahti Region Ltd is committed to protecting the rights of individuals and to keeping your personal data safe. This Privacy Statement describes how Lahti Region Ltd collects, uses, stores and protects personal data.
Whose data Lahti Region Ltd stores?
Our register includes data of the following customer groups:
- Lahti Region Ltd’s customer register
- Lahti Region Ltd’s stakeholder register
- Persons contacted at fair, sales and marketing events who have given their consent for marketing purposes
- Visitors of fair, sales and marketing events who have given their consent for marketing purposes via the respective event organiser
- Register compiled based on newsletter subscriptions.
What data Lahti Region Ltd collects?
Personal data is mainly collected directly from you or obtained through the use of Lahti Region Ltd’s services. Personal data we collect can be grouped as follows:
- Contact details: phone numbers and email addresses
- Postal and invoicing addresses in customer relationships
- Information on quotes made and services purchased in customer relationships.
Some of the data collected by Lahti Region Ltd has been obtained directly from you. Furthermore, we collect data from messages you have provided us through digital channels, by phone or at fair, sales and marketing events.
How does Lahti Region Ltd use your personal data and what is the legal basis for such use?
We use your personal data in order to be able to provide you with information on tourism services in the region, quotes as well as advice and services. In addition, we use your personal data in order to comply with the requirements and obligations specified by law, provisions or decisions made by authorities and supervisory authorities. Personal data is also processed in relation with marketing, product and customer analyses.
We do not use data for automated decision-making or profiling purposes.
To whom may Lahti Region Ltd disclose personal data?
Lahti Region Ltd does not disclose your personal data to third parties without your consent.
How does Lahti Region Ltd protect personal data?
We use appropriate technical, organisational and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold from loss, misuse, and from unauthorised use, disclosure, modification and destruction.
We have ensured that all our service providers comply with data protection legislation. As a rule, we use the following service providers:
Valu Digital Oy
Liana Technilogies Oy
Data Prisma Oy
Your rights related to privacy
You have the following rights concerning the personal data Lahti Region Ltd holds about you:
- Right of access to your personal data: you have the right to inspect the personal data we hold about you;
- Right to request rectification of inaccurate or incomplete data concerning you;
- Right to request erasure of your data in the following cases:
- You withdraw your consent from the processing of personal data and there is no other legal basis for the processing
- You object to the processing for direct marketing purposes.
In many cases due to financial and accounting legislation, we are obliged to retain your personal data throughout the duration of the customer relationship and even after it, if the data processing is necessary in order to fulfil statutory obligations. In accordance with the Finnish Accounting Act (Chapter 2, Section 10), the data controller has an obligation to retain accounting material for at least ten (10) years. Due to this, accounting material cannot be destroyed before the end of the statutory retention period.
If you wish to exercise any of the above-mentioned rights, requests are evaluated case by case.
For how long will Lahti Region Ltd retain personal data?
We retain your personal data for as long as it is needed for the purpose for which it was collected and processed or, as long as required by law and provisions. For instance:
- Accounting regulations: up to ten (10) years
- Personal data related to quotes: one year after the expiration of the quote
- Data concerning the implementation of an agreement: up to ten (10) years
- Direct marketing register: as long as we have valid consent from you to send newsletters.
Who is processing your personal data?
The data controller and its employees process personal data. We may also partly outsource the processing of personal data to a third party. If we do, we will ensure, by using contractual arrangements, that the processing of personal data complies with data protection legislation and is done in an appropriate manner.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
As we continuously improve and develop our services, products and websites, we may amend the Privacy Statement from time to time. If major changes are made to the Privacy Statement, we will clearly notify you as required by applicable law. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement for any changes or updates.
Contact Lahti Region Ltd
If you have questions about the Privacy Statement, please contact Lahti Region Ltd. Contact details are available at the beginning of this Privacy Statement.